- Lord Rhyolith yells: Broken. Mnngghhh... broken...
- Lord Rhyolith yells: Eons I have slept undisturbed... Now this... Creatures of flesh, now you will BURN!
- Lord Rhyolith yells: Hah? Hruumph? Soft little fleshy-things? Here? Nuisances, nuisances!
- Lord Rhyolith yells: Stomp now.
GainsAfter killing this NPC you will gain:
- 500 reputation with Avengers of Hyjal
- 250 reputation with Avengers of Hyjal
Tooltips and dungeon journal reflect ability values for one encounter version. Please refer to "Effect" section on spell pages to see values for all raid sizes and difficulties.
- Overview – The encounter consists of two stages. In Stage One, players must force Rhyolith to step on randomly spawned volcanoes by hitting either of his feet. Damaging one foot more than the other causes Rhyolith to walk in that direction. Evenly damaging the two feet will force Rhyolith to walk in a straight line.
Stage Two is a race to defeat Rhyolith before his Immolation ability burns the raid down.
- Tanks –
During Stage One, you will tank adds that spawn throughout the playspace. In Stage Two, you will need to tank Rhyolith.
Sparks of Rhyolith inflict Fire damage to all nearby players.
- Damage Dealers –
Rhyolith's movements are controlled by the ratio of damage being done to his two feet. More damage on the right foot will make him turn right; and more damage on the left foot will make him turn left. Damaging both equally will cause him to move in a straight line.
Damaging Rhyolith's body in Stage One will equally distribute the damage between both of Rhyolith's feet.
Don't let Rhyolith reach the lava around hit platform or else he will [Drink the Magma].
If Rhyolith steps on an active volcano, he will lose armor. If he steps on a dormant volcano, he will gain armor.
Lord Rhyolith ignores players while his armor is intact, but they can attack his feet to control his movement.
- Obsidian Armor – Lord Rhyolith awakens encrusted in a thick coat of Obsidian Armor, which reduces all damage he takes by 80%. Lord Rhyolith's Obsidian Armor is reduced by 10% every time he steps on an active volcano.
In Heroic Difficulty when Lord Rhyolith steps on an Active Volcano, 5 Liquid Obsidian creatures spawn around him.
- Concussive Stomp – Lord Rhyolith smashes the ground, inflicting 0 Fire damage to all players. Each stomp creates two to three volcanoes.
- Volcano – Lord Rhyolith ignites a Volcano, causing it to inflict 11 Fire damage to random players every 2 sec. When struck, the player takes 5% additional Fire damage for 15 sec. This effect stacks up to 20 times.
- Crater – Lord Rhyolith creates a crater when he steps on an active volcano. Occasionally, Lord Rhyolith causes streams of lava to flow from a crater. The moving stream of lava inflicts 189 Fire damage to any player in its path.
After 10 sec. the stream of lava erupts, inflicting 377 Fire damage to any player standing within a lava stream.
- Thermal Ignition – Lord Rhyolith releases a jet of cinders, inflicting 14 Fire damage to players within 7 yards and creates either 5 Fragments of Rhyolith or 1 Spark of Rhyolith.
- Fragment of Rhyolith – Fragments of Rhyolith have low health. If not slain within 30 sec, they inflict damage equal to their current health to a random player.
- Drink Magma – If Lord Rhyolith reaches the edge of his plateau, he drinks from the liquid magma and inflicts 33 Fire damage every second on all players for 4 sec.
Stage Two: Now you will BURN!
When Lord Rhyolith reaches 25% remaining health, his Obsidian armor shatters. He becomes attackable and no longer ignores players.
- Screenshots containing UI elements are generally declined on sight, the same goes for screenshots from the modelviewer or character selection screen.
- The higher the quality the better!
- Please review our Screenshot Guidelines before submitting!
The Wowhead Client is a little application we use to keep our database up to date, and to provide you with some nifty extra functionality on the website!
It serves 2 main purposes:
- It maintains a WoW addon called the Wowhead Looter, which collects data as you play the game!
- It uploads the collected data to Wowhead in order to keep the database up-to-date!
You can also use it to keep track of your completed quests, recipes, mounts, companion pets, and titles!
So, what are you waiting for? Download the client and get started.