Wrathion <The Black Emperor>
Tooltips and dungeon journal reflect ability values for one encounter version. Please refer to "Effect" section on spell pages to see values for all raid sizes and difficulties.
- Overview – Wrathion's [Molten Eruptions] unleash [Molten Pools] throughout the space, consuming 50 energy. When all his energy is depleted, Wrathion melds into the shadows and inflicts [Burning Madness] on enemies and transforms all [Molten Pools] into Crackling Shards. While hidden in the shadows, Wrathion regains energy, and once fully recharged returns to the fight space and turns any remaining Crackling shards into [Lava Pools].
- Incineration – Ignites random targets, inflicting 15 Fire damage every 2 sec for 8 sec. Upon expiration, targets explode, inflicting 90 Fire damage to all players. Damage decreases the further targets are from the point of impact.
- Gale Blast – Unleashes a gale blast, inflicting 65 Fire damage and knocking players back within 30 yards, as well as inflicting 45 Fire damage to all players outside of 30 yards.
Afterwards, launches fire balls at random enemy destinations that inflict 75 Fire damage to enemies within 5 yards of impact.
- Burning Cataclysm – Wrathion teleports to a random spot and spews fire, inflicting 10 Fire damage to enemies every 1 sec for 8 sec.
Additionally, scorching blisters form throughout the area.
- Scorching Blister – From the ash, scorching blisters form. Inflicts 25 Fire damage every 1 sec to enemies standing within them.
These blisters grow over 10 sec before exploding, inflicting 120 Fire damage to enemies within 30 yards.
- Tail Swipe – Inflicts 80 Physical damage to players in a cone behind him, knocking them back.
- Creeping Madness – While under the effects of this madness, players gain stacks of Slow while they are moving for 2.3 min.
At 50 stacks of Slow, the player receives 61 Shadow damage every time they move.
Stage Two: Smoke and Mirrors
- Scales of Wrathion – Scales fall from Wrathion. Catching a scale inflicts the player with Burning Madness. Any scales not caught inflict 70 Fire damage to all players.
- Burning Madness – While under the effects of madness, any Crackling Shard you run over is destroyed and extends the duration of your Burning Madness. Each time this occurs one stack of Burning Madness is removed.
- Burning Madness – While under the effects of madness, any Crackling Shard you run over cancels Hardened Core and extends the duration of your Burning Madness. Each time this occurs one stack of Burning Madness is removed.
- Crackling Shard – Summoned from molten pools. Any shards still remaining at the end of Stage Two are turned into Lava Pools.
- Lava Pools – Formed from unbroken shards, lava pools inflict 25 Fire damage every 1 sec to players standing within the pool.
Additionally, every lava pool created inflicts a stack of Rising Heat onto players.
- Rising Heat – As lava pillars consume the space, heat rises inflicting 0 Fire damage every 1 sec for the duration of the encounter.
This effect stacks.
- Ashwalker Assassin – Conjured from smoke and ash, these servants of Wrathion stalk the players during Stage Two.
- Smoke Shroud – Shrouded in smoke, the assassin fades from view.
Revealing the assassin from stealth or inflicting damage disperses the shroud from the minion.
- Noxious Choke – While shrouded, Wrathion's minions stun their victims for 10 sec.
- Dark Ambush – While shrouded, Wrathion's minions will strike from the shadows inflicting 80 Shadow damage to their current target.
- Screenshots containing UI elements are generally declined on sight, the same goes for screenshots from the modelviewer or character selection screen.
- The higher the quality the better!
- Please review our Screenshot Guidelines before submitting!
The Wowhead Client is a little application we use to keep our database up to date, and to provide you with some nifty extra functionality on the website!
It serves 2 main purposes:
- It maintains a WoW addon called the Wowhead Looter, which collects data as you play the game!
- It uploads the collected data to Wowhead in order to keep the database up-to-date!
You can also use it to keep track of your completed quests, recipes, mounts, companion pets, and titles!
So, what are you waiting for? Download the client and get started.