As players testing Patch 6.0.2 on our Public Test Realm (PTR) have already seen, we’re making a number of changes to the WoW user interface—changes that are designed to eliminate clutter, free up more of your inventory space, help you find your stuff more easily, and improve your quality of life in-game.
Map & Quest Log
In Patch 6.0.2, we’ve made a brand-new UI to bring together the Map and the Quest Log with everything you need to manage multiple ongoing adventures. Now when you browse by zone in the Map & Quest Log, you’ll find all of the associated quests you’re on, your progress, and relevant cartography.
In addition to intelligently ordering your quests, the new window (default hotkeys: M or L) gives you more information about your objectives right on the map. It also features scroll-wheel zooming, click-and-hold panning, and a handy View All Quests button—plus, if you leave it open while you’re moving, it fades so that you can see both the map and the landscape you’re venturing into.
All of the fun “toy” items that you’ve accumulated over the course of your travels now have a new home in the Toy Box. As with mounts and pets, you’ll right-click on eligible toy items in your inventory to send them to your Toy Box. Once learned, the toy will be accessible by all characters on your account.
If you want to expand and complete your collection of toys (or mounts or pets!), you can see each of the ones that you have not yet unlocked, along with information on how they can be obtained. As you might expect, any toy that you’ve learned can be dragged from the Toy Box and placed on a toolbar for fast access.
How to Randomize Your Dragon
There is now a Summon Random Favorite Mount button at the top-right of your Mounts collection (default hotkey: Shift-P). This smart button selects randomly from among the mounts that you’ve marked as favorites, and chooses a mount that is suitable for your current zone and situation. For example:
- In a zone where you can’t fly, it will choose from among your favorite ground mounts.
- If you’re swimming on the surface of a body of water and you have a Water Strider favorited, it will be chosen.
- If you’re submerged and you’ve favorited your Sea Turtle, the button will summon it.
Right-click and select Set Favorite on your favorite mounts to get started.
Bags, Bags, Bags
In Patch 6.0.2, bags can be given designations for particular types of items. These include:
- Equipment – Your armor and weapons
- Consumables – Food and drink, potions, etc.
- Trade Goods – Items that are used in professions (herbs, cloth, ore, skins, etc.)
When you go to your main backpack and click the Clean Up Bags button in the top-right, your belongings are sorted into your bags based on the designation you assigned to each bag, with overflow going into the backpack. Furthermore, there are now borders around the icons of all items that are colored to indicate item quality; recently looted items glow so that you can quickly spot them; and gray (junk) items have a gold coin icon when you visit a vendor.
You now have additional storage space in your bank! The new 98-slot Reagent Bank tab offers up extra slots for your profession materials, and an option to deposit every reagent that you’re currently carrying in your bags. We’ve also increased the maximum stack size for many materials and reagents, and when you craft anything—from anywhere—you’ll now use materials that are stored back in the bank.
But Wait, There’s More!
- We’ve added a new tab to the Void Storage system. That’s an extra 80 slots for your long-term storage needs.
- The dropdown menus you access when you right-click on a player portrait have been improved.
- You can now manage your add-ons without having to log out.
- The Dungeon Journal (default hotkey: Shift-J) has been updated with Warlords of Draenor entries.
To get a closer first look at all of the changes coming in Patch 6.0.2, please join us on the Public Test Realm (now live).