BlizzardUpdated 15:35 PDT August 18
Hyjal will not be connected to any other realms at this time.
During a scheduled maintenance period planned for 7:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. PDT on Thursday, August 20, the following realm connections will be made:
- The Eldre’Thalas and Korialstrasz realms will join the Akama, Dragonmaw, and Mug’thol realms.
- The Korgath realm will join the Cenarius, Perenolde, and Cairne realms.
- The Blood Furnace, Mannoroth, and Nazjatar realms will join the Azgalor, Azshara, and Destromath realms.
- The Ursin, Andorhal, Scilla, and Zuluhed realms will join the Eonar and Velen realms.
- The Madoran, and Dawnbringer realms will join the Azuremyst and Staghelm realms.
- The Garona realm will join the Icecrown and Malygos realms.
Hyjal will join Proudmoore.
We are planning more realm connections for low-population realms, and we will post further notifications like this one in the coming weeks.
After processing feedback here, we took another look at Hyjal.
One of our goals with this project was to define “lower population” and then connect every realm that fit that definition (within reason and accounting for a few idiosyncrasies) to another realm or cluster of realms. While Hyjal does indeed fall into our list of lower population realms, we don’t think it’s so low that it will be detrimental to leave it unconnected at this time.
The Hyjal to Proudmoore connection has been struck from this week’s maintenance, and we’ll look at Hyjal again in a few months to see how it’s doing.