I highly advise you to get a Rapid Reload
, especially when doing keys with Reaping. Rapid Reload reduces the cooldowns of Aspect of the Wild
, Aspect of the Cheetah
and Aspect of the Turtle
per target hit (triggers with 3 or more targets). This provides a ton of added damage and utility. The big thing here is that it effects Aspect of the Wild
. When paired with Primal Instincts
, this becomes a major cooldown for us. Depending on how big your group pulls, you can reduce the cooldown of Aspect of the Wild a ridiculous amount. With Reaping, there are so many mobs that you can even overlap casts of Aspect of the Wild (although this is not recommended as it does not stack nor pandemics).
This also means that you want to alter your rotation if you have this trait and 3 or more targets are alive. For 1-2 targets, you will not benefit from cooldown reduction since the trait requires at least 3 targets. Between 3-4 targets, you typically want to perform your normal rotation as the cooldown reduction isn't worth forgoing Kill Command
s. The more targets that are alive, the more liberal you want to be with your casts of Multi-Shot
. Here is a basic priority to follow:AoE Priority with Rapid Reload
- Maintain 3 stacks of Frenzy.
- Cast Multi-Shot to maintain Beast Cleave.
- Use Aspect of the Wild.
- Use Bestial Wrath.
- Use Barbed Shot if you are about to cap on charges.
- Spam Multi-Shot if 4 or more targets are active.
- Cast Chimaera Shot to generate Focus.
- Use Kill Command if 3 or less targets are alive.
Another thing to think about is the timings of pulls. Ideally, you want to have your Aspect of the Wild
available for larger pulls so be smart about how much you need to spam Multi-Shot
. It should go without saying that once you get your Aspect of the Wild off cooldown or within a reasonable cooldown, you no longer need to spam Multi-Shot
. You are not spamming Multi-Shot for the damage. You are just concerned with the cooldown reduction and about optimizing your Aspect of the Wild as much as possible.Remember:
- You only need ONE Rapid Reload trait. You do not take this trait for the damage, only the cooldown reduction component.
- This is only worth doing if you have Primal Instincts traits. The more you have, the stronger Aspect of the Wild becomes and the more important abusing Rapid Reload becomes.
- The goal here is to use Multi-Shot to reduce the cooldown of Aspect of the Wild. Spamming Multi-Shot once its already off cooldown doesn't add much value. Just perform your normal rotation in this case.
- Don't forget that Barbed Shot reduces the cooldown of Bestial Wrath and generates Focus, don't ignore it when spamming Multi-Shot.
Along the path to the final boss, the party will encounter more Bloodsworn Defiler
s, Grotesque Horror
s, Reanimated Guardian
s and Fallen Deathspeaker
s, along with one new enemy.
Boss TipsUnbound Abomination
- Faceless Corruptors will cast Maddening Gaze in a line in front of them. Watch where they're facing to avoid taking damage. Getting hit by this ability will also fear you, potentially causing you to pull unwanted mobs.
- Watch out for Abyssal Reachs that spawn when fighting Faceless Corruptors. They will deal damage to the location you were standing at when they spawned, so simply sidestep away.
is a single phase encounter where the group must deal damage to Unbound Abomination
's Blood Barrier
. Doing so causes two Blood Visage
s to spawn. Killing these will siphon a portion of the Unbound Abomination's life force away. A total of six adds must be killed to complete the fight. Titan Keeper Hezrel
will join your group during this encounter, helping you to kill Blood Visage
s. Throughout the fight, the Unbound Abomination will spew Vile Expulsion
in a frontal cone towards a random party member. Additionally, the group will gain stacks of Putrid Blood
via the Unbound Abomination or by getting hit by other abilities. Finally, Rotting Spore
s will be floating around the room which further crowds the area.
- In addition to helping you kill adds, Titan Keeper Hezrel will also cast Cleansing Light periodically. Standing in this aura will cleanse all stacks of Putrid Blood from the group. Try to stand in every one of these if possible.
- Use Spirit Mend, Exhilaration and other defensives when you have high stacks of Putrid Blood. The damage can quickly ramp up.
- Try to bait out Vile Expulsion towards previous pockets of corruption or towards the outside of the arena. On higher keys, you must conserve as much space as possible as this fight may take awhile.
- Do not waste DPS on Blood Visage until the final two adds have spawned. Titan Keeper Hezrel will kill both adds by himself and dealing more damage to the Unbound Horror's Blood Barrier (which will spawn more adds faster) is more important than wasting DPS on adds. As soon as the last two adds spawn, direct all damage to them since DPSing the Blood Barrier is no longer required.
- Don't waste DPS on killing Rotting Spores. Most classes have some sort of passive cleave that will clear the area as needed. If there are no other options, Aspect of the Turtle can be used to clear spores.