- Winterfall Firewater is a zone-wide drop from Winterspring that enlarges your character. This was removed for several patches, but is now back in game in 4.3. Darkmoon Firewater does the same thing; it's from Sealed Crate fished up by the Darkmoon Faire.
- Mark of the Dragon Lord drops from Overlord Wyrmthalak. It puts a swirly shield around the user—a purple cosmetic version of Earth Shield, which lasts for 30 minutes or until 500 damage is taken.
- Cannonball Runner summons a cannon that fires at enemies. It drops from Willey Hopebreaker in Stratholme.
- Six Demon Bag, a low-level world BoE, does a variety of crazy things—whirlwinds, explodes, summons a Felhunter, and much more.
- Don Carlos' Famous Hat is a 100% drop from Don Carlos on heroic difficulty in Old Hillsbrad Foothills. It summons a coyote. He patrols the main road so it's possible just to zone in and kill him for the hat.
- There are two trinkets that summon tentacles in game: Vanquished Tentacle of C'Thun and Vanquished Clutches of Yogg-Saron. These drop from C'Thun and Yogg-Saron respectively. They summon a tentacle that looks like one of the tentacle adds in the actual encounter. They do hardly any damage, but flop around with neat animations.
- Dragon's Call, a drop from Sunken Temple, has a chance to summon an emerald whelpling on hit. There are some other old-world items that have a chance on hit to summon quirky things: Blackblade of Shahram from General Drakkisath summons a demon and Shard of Azzinoth from Illidan Stormrage summons green fire elementals.
- Illidan also can drop The Skull of Gul'dan which trails green fire behind your character's feet. There's similar TCG items: Path of Illidan for fel-fire and Path of Cenarius for flowers.Sandals of Summer will also set your feet on fire.
- Eskhandar's Left Claw and Eskhandar's Right Claw can proc Call of Eskhandar, which summons a white tiger. Used to be a 4-piece set, but the cape and neck were removed. Weapons now drop from Magmadar.
- Ethereal Oil is an Alchemy recipe requiring 375 skill to learn. It turns the user translucent for 5 minutes.
- Potion of Illusion is a Cata-level Alchemy recipe that transforms the user into someone in very close proximity to them, including enemy players.
- Deepstone Oil is an Alchemy recipe that freezes you in place and gives you a golden hue. It works on flying mounts and mid-air actions, resulting in hilarious tableaux.
- Pygmy Oil from Alchemy shrinks you, depending on how many you’ve had to drink. If you drink too many, you turn into a pygmy gnome.
- Archaeology has several items that result in cool character modifications: Pendant of the Scarab Storm creates a flash of lightning and an army of bugs when used, Arrival of the Naaru creates a dramatic scene in the background, Chalice of the Mountain Kings spawns a set of sword dancers that perform for you, Druid and Priest Statue Set creates a bright green beam that follows you around, Vrykul Drinking Horn enlarges your character and gives them an ugly Northrend-era hat, and Highborne Soul Mirror creates a temporary mirror image of your character. New to Mists of Pandaria, Anatomical Dummy summons an anatomical target dummy and Quilen Statuette is a trinket that summons a Quilen.
- Baby Spice, a reward from the Northrend cooking dailies, temporarily decreases the size of your target by 50%. Works on some bosses for extra hilarity.
- Two Northrend-era feasts change the size of the player: Small Feast shrinks the player by 30% and Great Feast increases the size of the player.
- There are several engineering malfunctions from using the BC-era transporters that last for an hour: some shrink or enlarge your character, while Soul Split: Good gives a golden hue and Soul Split: Evil! gives a shadowy effect. These last through death and work while mounted.
- Tablet of Ren Yun gives your character a red blindfold and mists up the screen for five minutes.
- Tabard of the Lightbringer is a BoE reward from the Shadowmourne quest The Lightbringer's Redemption. Using the tabard grants the wearer Tabard of the Lightbringer, a shiny golden light that lasts for 5 minutes.
- Hallow's End Pumpkin Treat is a reward from numerous Hallow’s End quests. They grant one of four buffs: Hallow's End Candy which turns you large and orange, Hallow's End Candy into a skeleton with underwater breathing, Hallow's End Candy into a pirate, and Hallow's End Candy into a levitated non-combat spectral ghost. These treats only last for 14 days, so be wise about using them!
- Rainbow Generator makes your character shoot rainbows; it’s a reward from Open Their Eyes in Felwood.
- Gus' First Aid Kit makes a nurse appear and it’s a reward from Gargantapid.
- Horn of the Traitor summons a spectral Tauren and comes from Horn of the Traitor.
- Toy Windmill, a play on Don Quixote, summons a lance and comes from The Ballad of Maximillian.
- Tosselwrench's Shrinker a reward from the hilarious quest The Day that Deathwing Came: What Really Happened, turns you bright red and large.
- Puntable Marmot from Rampaging Rodents: Use: Summons a Puntable Marmot at target location. (10 Min Cooldown)
- Turnip Punching Bag from Leaders Among Breeders: Use: Summon a Turnip Punching Bag at target location for 5 min. The punching bag acts as a target dummy while it persists. (1 Hour Cooldown)
- Kickable Keg from Finding Yi-Mo: Use: Summons a keg that you can kick around. Careful though, contents may be volatile! (10 Min Cooldown)
- Shushen's Spittoon from Raid Leader Slovan: Use: Summons Shushen's Spittoon on the ground at target location for 1 min. Allies can click on the Spittoon to use it. (10 Min Cooldown)
- Explosive Barrel from Barrels of Fun: Use: Roll an Explosive Barrel at the target, dealing 27581 to 82741 Fire Damage upon impact. (2 Min Cooldown)
- Jin Warmkeg's Brew from Holed Up: Use: Summon Jin Warmbrew's Keg, which allies can use to have a drink of his ale. (1 Hour Cooldown)
- Totem of Harmony from Hatred Becomes Us: Use: Summon a Totem of Harmony at the target location, illuminating the area for 1 min. (1 Hour Cooldown)
Jade Raccoon from The Jade Witch: Use: Summon your loyal raccoon friend. (3 Min Cooldown)
- Gokk'lok's Shell from Promises of Gold: Use: Stand on a piece of Gokk'lok's shell. Moving cancels the effect. (30 Min Cooldown)
- Ruthers' Harness from Pick a Yak: Summon Ruthers, the bad yak. (30 Min Cooldown)
- Commander's Badge from Hail, Commander!: Use: Calls forth a Netherwing Ally to fight at your side. (10 Min Cooldown)
- Defender of the Timbermaw from The Root of All Evil: Use: Calls forth a Timbermaw Ancestor to fight at your side and heal you. (10 Min Cooldown)
- Rhea's Last Egg from The Egg Lives On: Use: Calls forth Rhea's Child to fight by your side. (10 Min Cooldown)
- Battered Steam Tonk Controller from Missing Friends: Summons a well-loved steam tonk.
- A Winter Veil Gift leads to Winter Veil Gift and MiniZep Controller during Winter Veil.
- Rogues that have completed all steps of the legendary chain will acquire Fangs of the Father--that has an on use effect of unfurling wings and falling slowly to the ground.
- Ayla Shadowstorm, accessible after completing Filling the Moonwell, sells Moonwell Chalice which summons a moonwell, and Moonwell Phial, which summons splashing water.
- Varlan Highbough, accessible after completing Calling the Ancients, sells Dwyer's Caber which throws a large tree, and Mylune's Call, which summons flowers and butterflies at your feet.
- Damek Bloombeard, accessible after completing Additional Armaments, sells Ricket's Magnetic Fireball which makes your character glow orange.
- Rosary of Light, from Archbishop Benedictus in Hour of Twilight, has an on use effect that makes you kneel in place for 60 seconds channeling Rosary of Light, as you glow golden. Great for paladins.
- Varo'then's Brooch, from Mannoroth in Well of Eternity, has an on use effect that shoots out fiery tendrils from the user's weapon, and can chain between targets.
- Players can purchase Ling-Ting's Favorite Tea inside Stormstout Brewery which summons golden hoplings, gets you drunk, turns you green, or turns vendors shadowy. There are also brews which can be consumed only in the dungeon: Bubbling Beverage (lets you jump high, surrounded by big bubbles), Wicked Wikket (Hozen wearing a jungle hat), Triple-Distilled Brew (blurs the screen), Sparkling Water (bubbles and wine goblet).
- Shado-Pan Dragon Gun, Honored with Shado-Pan: Use: Unleash a gout of flame, dealing 1138 to 1256 fire damage to targets in a 10 yard cone in front of the caster every 0.5 sec for 4 sec.
- Stack of Bamboo, Stack of Stone Blocks, Stack of Wooden Boards, Honored with Shado-Pan: Show off your combat skills and break some boards.
- Sit down by Sheddle Glossgleam in Dalaran and he'll shine your shoes, giving you Shiny Shoes!
- Whole-Body Shrinka': This item greatly shrinks the player, while also reducing their run speed and damage dealt. It lasts for 3 minutes and is broken upon mounting. From Battlefield Barrens.
- Xan'tish's Flute: These snakes follow the player for a minute--players can a variety of solid and striped snakes. Named after Xan'tish in Orgrimmar, whose pet snakes were taken away by the Kor'kron in 5.3.
You can even turn into inanimate objects. There are numerous quest-related items that temporarily turn you into objects as well, but the problem is that they only work when you’re in a very specific sub-zone and you lose the item once the quest is turned in.
- Ancient Amber, a Fossil archaeology rare added in 4.1, shrinks the player and entraps them in a block of neon orange glass. This block lasts through combat and damage.
- New to Mists of Pandaria, Restorative Amber encases the player in a block of amber--it requires Klaxxi exalted.
- Lifegiving Seed are looted by Herbalists as they pick flowers. When consumed, it transforms the player into a common flower, renames them, and provides a quick supply of health and mana. People have used these in PvP to look hidden in the background.
- The Winter Veil Disguise Kit, a holiday present for completing Stolen Winter Veil Treats, turns the user into a snowman with the aid of a Snowball.
With Mists of Pandaria's glyph revamp, minor glyphs primary had cosmetic effects.
- Charred Glyph: Each time you activate a new Aspect, an animal companion representing that Aspect will follow you for 15 sec.
- Charred Glyph: Teaches you the ability Fireworks. Launch fireworks from your gun, bow or crossbow.
- Glyph of Lesser Proportion: Slightly reduces the size of your pet.
- Charred Glyph: When you Vanish, you leave behind a brief illusion that very closely resembles you.
- Glyph of Disguise: When you Pick Pocket a humanoid enemy, you also copy their appearance for 5 min. Your disguise will unravel upon entering combat.
Get Wowhead Premium
As little as less than $1 a month to enjoy an ad-free experience, unlock premium features, and support the site!
© 2021 Fanbyte