In other words, "We have no idea what we are doing, we read feedback, but don't act on it, and purify was never meant to be a good card, but despite giving priests nothing good, we hope they will be performing better, because, again, we don't know what we are doing."Way to go neck-beard, way to go.
You would think they had learnt this lesson when it came up with arena warrior before.Arena warrior sucked really bad and still isnt great by any means, but back then they could have taken some notes like:dont do THIS again. Also, it's not like the community is silent the entire season and only gives feedback when something is released.Did they even look at the latest tournaments ? Priest was literally nonexistent.removing purify from the cardpool will definetely prevent arena priest from dropping further than it will already thanks to the lower droprate of big taunts from WoG.
They are worried that if they made 1 mana, people would just put it in their deck for card draw? What about then? It's also a 1 mana card draw and its effect is a lot less situational than is. Why does get a free pass then?
"If you don't care about the win rate..." How dare BB say that? OK I don't care about the win rate just give me 1 mana 30-1 minion it must be so fun and coooooooooooool.
Thanks Ben for responding quickly and honestly. I'm a little surprised the development team were not aware of the problems Priest is perceived to have, as many of these are not new (not least in Standard following the loss of cards such as Lightbomb and Shrinkmeister to Wild).I am hopeful that the team will produce another useful Priest archetype for Standard to add to Dragon Priest, but this may take a while and another expansion or adventure at least.
Priest is bad? first time I'm hearing this...top decks I lose against priest paladin...have no issues with any other class...perhaps it is the people playing priest who are bad..Number of gold priests defeated past rank 15 - 0Number of regular priests played past rank 15 - 0Number of regular priests seen ranks 25-16 - over 100Numver of regular priests defeated ranks 25-16 - lost to one, added him as friend 10 minutes later he became gold is now rank 9There is a large amount of backlash about how terrible x class is...But.. it is a known fact that 90% of players never see rank 14 or below..So if 90% of the player base believes a class or card to suck but the other 10% have no issues and go on to make legend with said card or class..Blizzard is to blame?These are the same ppl whining on Google play because the game crashes on 5 year old phone, the same people wondering why doom caller won't ressurect a discarded c'thun..It did not dieYour phone is crapI am already on my 15th phone this year..It's not pricy nor difficult to get a new one.It's not hard to understand the mechanics of a gameI have never gotten legend, but I don't lash at blizzard for it.I try harder and harder and get progressively better each season..Stop blaming others for your setbacks and wonder why they dont respond properly to your grandiose egocentric and usually idiotic complaints.
I hope they read the various comments:- from Duowan, in Chinese;- those "friendly fire" jokes about Purify.
I am glad most people here are appreciative of Brode and what he had to say. Especially in a time where no one will ever admit they are wrong. It's refreshing to hear a Dev say we screwed up on this card releasing it at this time, we will try to do better in the futureI grew up in a time when Devs would just tell the community to go pound sand, it's our game and we will design it the way we want.
Does Blizzard not realize that priest already has a 1 mana card draw? It's called Power Word: Shield.