I’ve struck the words “and equip” from this note:
- All PvP gear will have consistent personal rating requirements to purchase.
You don’t need to retain rating to equip an item, rating is only required to purchase it.I’ve also added the following PvP notes:
- At least 50 games played are required to qualify for a seasonal reward.
- There are no rating requirements to purchase Arena gear from a previous season.
- Season 1 gladiator weapons that were added in patch 2.1 (Gladiator’s Gavel, Gladiator’s Salvation, and Gladiator’s Reprieve) will be available from the beginning of Season 1.
- The commentator UI for wargames has been updated with a fresh new look.
Player versus Player
To bring about better matchmaking in Burning Crusade Classic, we’re updating the Matchmaking Rating (MMR) system to use a calculation design developed after original Burning Crusade, with an MMR range that will be similar to the range seen in PvP in 2008.
- Arena Teams will begin at 0 rating. (Teams began at 1500 in original Burning Crusade.)
- Diminishing returns will have a 15-20 second cooldown window.
- All PvP gear will have consistent personal rating requirements to purchase and equip.
Shoulders = 2200
- Weapon = 2050
- Head = 1700
- Chest = 1600
- Legs = 1550
A major goal we have in Burning Crusade Classic PvP is to provide consistency as we step forward through each Season and phase of content. We believe this will promote a healthier PvP environment that emphasizes the prestige players can feel when obtaining shoulders and weapons in particular.
- All Arena point costs for Arena gear will remain consistent for all Burning Crusade Classic Arena seasons.
- Arena points are awarded during the weekly reset, and are based on the team that earned the most points.
- To qualify for Arena points, your personal rating must be within 150 of the rating of your team, with at least 10 games played, and you must have participated in 30% of your team’s games the previous week.
- Season 1 will feature a unique Rank 1 title, the Infernal Gladiator.
Originally, Rank 1 titles weren’t introduced until Season 2. This is a good opportunity to introduce one for the first season of Burning Crusade Classic.
Seasonal rewards will be delivered to players who reach a top percentage of teams per bracket in their region:
- Rank 1 = 0.1% of top teams
- Gladiator = 0.5%
- Duelist = 3%
- Rival = 10%
- Challenger = 35%
To qualify for a seasonal reward, your personal arena rating needs to be within 100 points of your team’s rating, and you must have participated in 20% of your team’s games.
The Gold/Green Arena flags have been changed to Gold/Purple to improve colorblind accessibility.
Tornadoes will randomly spawn in Nagrand Arena in Season 1.
Alliance PvP Vendors
- We want to recreate the experience of these unique map mechanics as they were originally introduced.
PvP vendors have been configured to make Season 1 behave more like subsequent seasons than it did in original Burning Crusade.
Horde PvP Vendors
- Captain Dirgehammer sells level 70 honor armor.
- Captain O’Neal sells level 70 honor weapons.
- Master Sergeant Biggins sells Pendants, Medallions, Bands, and gems in Season 1.
- Lieutenant Karter will now sell Reins of the Black War Elekk starting in Season 1. (Was available in Season 4 of original Burning Crusade.)
- Master Sergeant Biggins will now sells Star’s Lament and Star’s Tears in Season 1. (Was available in Season 2 of original Burning Crusade.)
- Lady Palanseer sells level 70 honor armor in Season 1, at item levels 113/115/123.
- Sergeant Thunderhorn sells level 70 honor weapons in Season 1, at item level 115.
- Brave Stonehide sells Pendants, Medallions, Bands, and gems in Season 1.
- Raider Bork now sells the Swift Warstrider starting in Season 1. (Was available in Season 4 of original Burning Crusade.)
- Brave Stonehide now sells Star’s Lament and Star’s Tears in Season 1. (Was available in Season 2 of original Burning Crusade.)