The World of Warcraft team is seeking a talented and passionate individual for our PvP Design team. You will collaborate with the PvP Design, Level Design and Art disciplines to build spaces for competitive Player versus Player (PvP) engagements. You will work alongside a PvP designer to create PvP spaces, ranging from arenas hosting 2v2 skirmishes to epic battlegrounds supporting large 40v40 battles, for new and existing game modes. Your thorough understanding of world building, combat mechanics, multiplayer game modes, and competitive layouts are integral to supporting the player experience and building the next generation of World of Warcraft PvP.COVID-19 Hiring Update:
We’ve transitioned to a work-from-home model and we’re continuing to interview and hire during this time. This role is expected to begin as a remote position. We understand each person’s circumstances may be unique and will work with you to explore possible interim options. What you will do:
To succeed, you must have…
- Create PvP layouts from 2d maps & pitches to final art polish with your environmental composition, terrain sculpting and painting, asset placement, and lighting skills.
- Design and build engaging gameplay spaces that successfully support WoW PvP experiences.
- Work collaboratively within the team and with other disciplines to encourage playtesting and feedback and rapidly iterate.
- Embrace Blizzard's core value of "Every voice matters," contributing to a safe space for collaboration, communication, and creativity across all disciplines and departments.
- Optimize your content so it can be enjoyed by as many players as possible.
- Participate in and contribute to a culture of inclusion and diversity.
We are also interested in hearing stories you may have about…
- Experience building and iterating on competitive multiplayer game levels.
- Experience with 3D Studio Max or equivalent to create gameplay blockouts, collision meshes and interior spaces.
- Demonstrated artistic execution of outdoor world spaces, including composition, terrain sculpting, painting, and detailed visual storytelling through asset placement.
- Excellent understanding of how to design and layout open world games and what makes World of Warcraft unique.
- Ability to self-manage.
- Experience working on MMOs or open world games.
- Experience with WoW.
Blizzard Entertainment is a global company committed to growing our employees along with the business. We offer competitive benefits and strive for a healthy work / life balance. We work hard to foster a deeply collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and training and opportunities for professional growth. Our people are everything, and we are dedicated to creating the most epic entertainment experiences… ever. Join us!