Last year, Activision, Blizzard, and King announced the 2022 Women in Games Scholarship
to support women who want to pursue rewarding careers in the gaming industry. After reviewing applications from many inspiring emerging leaders, we’re excited to announce this year’s recipients.
About the Scholarship
This initiative provides recipients with access to the 2022 Game Developers Conference, where they will have the opportunity to exchange ideas with peers, grow their professional networks, and ease the transition from student life to work life. The scholarship provides recipients with exclusive networking and development opportunities with our developers and the technology required to make the most of their experience during GDC week.The scholarship is open to all women and non-binary students pursuing a degree and considering a future in the games industry.
- Fatima Alkhatib – Palestine
- Noor J. Amin – Washington, D.C.
- Ally Guo – Mason, OH
- Claire Krupela – St. Louis, MO
- Sope Lartey – Abuja, Nigeria
- Thora Magnusdottir – Reykjavik/Stockholm
- Jeniffer Maldonado – Miami, FL
- Giulia Marchiori Pietrosanti – Rome, Italy
- Andrea Portillo de Wong – Guatemala
- Aili (Alice) Qiao – Beijing, China
- Nadia Taallah – Angouleme, France
- Karina Teruya – Coppell, TX
- Kacey Walsh – Charlton, MA
- Qiao Zhang – Bayonne, NJ
- Joy Zhou – Fremont, CA
Learn more about them here