in your browser.
New leveling? 3.3patch
Return to board index
I plan on making an orc warrior when 3.3 is released. But all the forums are hard to find out what I am exactly looking for soo... I am making this. So I have a list of questions...
1. What spec is best for leveling? Like dealing damage and survival.
2. What should be top priority: strength or atp? I know it depends on build.
3. What exactly is a skill cap. I hear of defence, crit caps but I have no clue to what they are.
Thanks. I might remember more later!
This post was from a user who has deleted their account.
1. Arms. When you turn 60, you can evaluate Fury, but there's nothing much wrong with staying arms at that point. This is assuming the new LFD tool doesn't make any differences with finding lower level dungeons. If they become so easy to run endlessly, then maybe you could tank your way through it as prot.
2. What YJMark said... but at high levels, pick strength over AP since things like Blessing of Kings will boost STR, and not AP.
3. A soft cap is when a portion of a stat no longer increases with more point value. A hard cap is when none of a stat increases with more point value.
Example. At level 80, having 540 defense makes you uncritable to raid bosses. going to 541 can't make you more uncritable, but it DOES still add to your dodge, parry, block, and miss. So 540 is called a soft-cap.
Hit Rating, once you've hit 8% using a single weapon (aka not Dual Wielding), you cannot gain any more chance to hit after that. at 8%, you will never miss, so more hit rating does zero for you. That is a hard-cap.
can you give a cookie cutter arms build?
err. and to a prot build. for dungeon tanking
1) Prot is the best imo. I did it from 10 to 80 and no downtime, aoe killing = faste leveing. You also do not need to switch spec to tank instances and on PvP server, your survivability will be higher
2) What YJMark said.
3) Crit cap doesnt exist. Hit cap doesnt matter til 80 (you wont get enough gears to get it before that anyway). Defense cap is minimum required defense to tank a 3 lvl higher than you (raid boss normally) without being critted. It is 5.6% (defense rating change based on level).
3) Crit cap doesnt exist.
Yes it does. You cannot crit more often than you attack.
3) Crit cap doesnt exist.
your crit cap is theoretically 100% minus the chance of glancing blows and the bosses chance to avoid (dodge or parry) if not expertise capped. the crit cap is raised by each percent of hit you get - due to the whole attack table system. look at recount after whacking at a dummy for hours - the % of normal hits is how much more crit you can get before you hit the cap. each percent of hit you get after that will turn one % of miss into one % of normal hits, thus raising the cap.
but in general, its nothing to worry about, unless you fight loatheb over and over ^^
That's a basic build for both prot and arms.
I personally lvled from 10 to 80 as prot but like everyone else has already stated it all depends on what feels good to you. Don't let anyone tell you that your lvling wrong because it all comes down to how you want to do it.
zambie those are for leveling right?
The arms tree needs a little work still but the prot tree is solid imo
kk thanks a bunch
You are not logged in. Please
to post a reply or
if you don't already have an account.
Connect with Wowhead
Other Fanbyte Sites
Hearthstone Top Decks
Final Fantasy XI
© 2021 Fanbyte