in your browser.
Moderators and their word choices
Return to board index
wowhead has a large and diverse collection of clients. I encourage you to keep this in mind when moderators make post.
Some mite think the comment made by ArgentSun associates members of the GLBT community with negativity.
I am not asking to remove the comment. Just be wiser and use your vocabulary when describing something,
1. having or showing a merry, lively mood: gay spirits; gay music.
2. bright or showy: gay colors; gay ornaments.
3. given to or abounding in social or other pleasures: a gay social season.
4. licentious; dissipated; wanton: The baron is a gay old rogue with an eye for the ladies.
6. of, indicating, or supporting homosexual interests or issues: a gay organization.
7. a homosexual person, esp. a male.
8. in a gay manner.ArgentSun was probably referring to the commonly used definition 2 (bright or showy: gay colors; gay ornaments.) And you may want to check your spelling if you're gonna flame someone else for their grammatical "errors".
It is not grammatical "errors"
If he/she did wish to call the T8 set "bright or showy", why not just say "bright or showy"? That definition has a positive connotation not at negative one. Seeing how ArgentSun was trying to convey disapproval, To say he/she was claiming the sets to be "bright or showy" is a veil easily seen through. .
ArgentSun was using a word derogatorily that is closely tied to a minority. Being grammatically correct dose not make it ok. Other word choices can be used.
I've long since stopped paying mind to when people use the word in that sense; but, in this case, it was pretty unambiguous as to the intended connotation.
Should un-payed moderators of Wowhead be held to a standard that includes requiring them to alter their mode of speech? I dunno. When people say something I don't want to hear or write something I don't want to read, I don't listen or read it, respectively.
Please, if you have issue with Wowhead staff or any other member contact email@example.com
, the issue is with me, and
is absolutely right in his/her complaint. I was not considerate, the mistake is entirely mine and the entire GLBT community (and you in particular, if you are part) deserve my deepest apologies. I was tired and didn't think as carefully as I should have - not that is any excuse, of course.
If you feel we need to discuss the issue further, firstname.lastname@example.org will allow you to contact my superiors (admins), while email@example.com - myself. It's up to you.
Oh, no worries. Like I said, I don't see it anymore :). Thank you for being kind, though. No apology necessary.
God... people really like to complain for anything.
I am part of GLBT and and like pelf, it does a long time I stopped paying mind to when people use the word in that sense
, clearly this thread does not concern you directly. Please stay out of it.
You are not logged in. Please
to post a reply or
if you don't already have an account.
Connect with Wowhead
Other Fanbyte Sites
Hearthstone Top Decks
Final Fantasy XI
© 2021 Fanbyte