Post by Wildhorn
Guild Name: The PuGFaction:
GMT + 1Battlegroup:
9/12 (PP, Val, Princes dead), ICC10:
cleared first week.Raid Times:
19:00-23:30 server time with two 10 mins breaks around 20:30 and 22:00Raid Schedule:
None set. Check calendar.Openings:
If you want to participate in the runs and enjoy the lol-free guildchat, play without idiots nagging you to help them in whatever nonsense they can't do alone, join. Currently 160+ accounts, no inactives and permanently recruiting. All classes, specs and levels.Contact Glotan or anybody rank 1 ingame to get an invite.
Addons not required but that you will find very useful to have:
- GDKPd: Addon we use to distribute loot.
- DBM: Help alot to prevent you to cause wipes.
Now, our rules
and we mean them!Guild and raid chat rules:
- No kiddie-speak, slang or emotionally loaded synonyms! Use decent English! I'm aware that many of us are not native speakers, I'm not hunting for "then vs than" or "was vs had been". Examples of kiddie-speak (not full list): lol, m8, i, u, r, lawl, g2g, cba, rofl, ppl, peeps, ofc, yeah, yo, moar, pwn...
- No primitive, abusive language (fukk, #%$#%@$ and such)!
- Emoticons of any kind are forbidden.
- No IRL things on gchat: we are from different backgrounds and here for one and only thing: we like to play this game. We may have different purposes, but that does not belong to the guild chat. You may like soccer. Or movies. Or Megan Fox. But others may not and chatting about these are pointless spam to them at best, and alienating, excluding environment at worst. Discuss such things on /casual or /w.
- No gz! As you progress in the game, you get a few great and lot of stupid achievements. Blizzard decided to inform us from these. It's already annoying that the chat is spammed by , don't increase the trash by 10 lines of "gratz"!
- No hi/bye! Everyone can see if you are online or not. No need to spam the chat with 10 lines of hi/bye! Getting a "hi" in whisper means he is happy to see you, while gchat spam is impersonal and ... just spam. I'd like to emphasize that I won't kick anyone for occasional greetings. Just don't spam!
- The guild chat is not the trade chat! You can see the profession notes of the people online, approach them in /w or use /trade. Sell your stuff in the AH!
- You must read the rules before invite. The inviters have the right to ask questions like "how do we distribute the loot?" or "is it OK to chat about Megan Fox on guild chat?" to verify if you actually did. We had too many people who said "yeah m8 i red teh ruls XD"
- Recruitment is permanent for all classes, specs and levels. If you ask "do u need a 5.8K GS rogue", you obviously did not read the rules.
- Your name cannot contain kiddie-speak. I'd like to differentiate between roleplaying names like "whisperwind" or "stabsalot" and moronic names like "rofldots", "iluvmegs", "icritudie", "árthásdk". The first group fits into a fantasy universe, the second fits to the short bus.
- Alt rule: One char/account. If you changed your mind and want other class, quit with the old one." Explanation. Multiboxing is allowed, since they are different characters, playing at the same time.
- There are no officers, everyone are equal. There is "inviter" rank for people I trust not to invite morons. They have the same rights as everyone plus can invite. Only I can kick and I do it in prime time so the public eye forms "checks and balances".
- After one month of inactivity, you will be kicked. However you can ask for an invite again if you come back. Lowbies (below 20 or 60 for DKs) are kicked after two weeks.
- No communist collective! You are not required to travel to the other end of the world just to craft something to a guildy. You are not required to craft for a guildy free, since leveling your prof had costs and opportunity cost of not having one more gatherer prof. You are not required to pass BoE items to a guildy. You are not required to remove your item from the AH and sell it to a guildy for discount. Your guildy has no monopoly rights on any segment of the AH. You are absolutely not required to boost a guildy. Of course you can still do it. But discuss it in whisper. Asking for any of the above on /gchat is forbidden. If you seek a crafter, or need help to do a quest, offer him fee.
- Rerollers get 100G start money at lvl 19 (60 for DKs).
- Write your profession(s) to your note only if you want others to bother you with crafting requests. Write your gathering profession to your note only if you're offering farming services.
- No guild bank, use the AH!
- No forced specs. If you want to be the 5-th disc priest, you can be. No one can tell you to play something else. The only consequence of choosing "wrong" spec is competition for spots, as obviously a 10 man group can't have 5 disc priests. While this rule made some problems forming raids, it saved lot of people from being a slave. Not raiding because of your own choice is much better than raiding as a slave. I really don't want to be in a raid healed by a holy who wants to be shadow.
- No voice communication. It's one of the major success sources of Undergeared. Voice communication allows the RL to tell others what to do, spoon-feed them. The result: the boss is dead and the player stays bad. Without voice communication, we wipe, the guy is faced with the fact that he failed and wiped us, he will learn or gets his useless butt removed.
- No forced attendance. You are online when you want to be online. There cannot be any other consequences for not playing than missing out on the fun of playing and the loot dropped. This rule prevents another form of slave work, where people play only to serve others. Soon they get burned out of course. You are also not required to raid when online. If you don't want to raid, you don't.
- There are raid times every day from 19:00-23:30 server time with two 10 mins breaks around 20:30 and 22:00. A player is expected to leave only at the end or in a break unless he announces on inv he will leave at XX:XX and the leader approves. Of course you can start your raid at 20:30 or 22:00 and the leader can leave in the break too. People who leave in breaks get their share, people who leave in the mid don't.
- The raid ID belongs to all participants. You are free to invite other members and pugs in the declared raid times. You are expected to invite those who have the same ID (unless they were removed for sucking last time). However you are not expected to not raid just because X cannot be online and want that boss. One exception: if the raid was started as "hard mode", you can only turn it to normal on Monday and Tuesday unless all saved agree.
- No dedicated raid leaders! Anyone can announce his raid. Soon the natural leaders emerge. I know I will start a raid, but ready to join the raid of others. You can start any raid in the raid times from "ICC25 HM going full clear" trough "ICC10 6/12 fast run" down to "Sartharion and Naxx to fresh 80-es" or even "Kara for achievement". Of course if no one comes to your announcement, you shall get the message. Again, it's a PuG-simulation. Anyone can form raids and anyone can join! No one is forced to join any lockout. If a group did 4/12 on Wednesday and want to continue on Thursday, you can still start another 0/12 raid.
- Loot rule: In ICC, ToGC, Toravon, it is gold bid with the 1/3 to second bidder, open bidding, 300G minimal bid, 100G increment. 1/3 means if you win an item for 3000G, you pay 1000G to the second highest bidder and 2K for the pot. To lower tier raids (below 80, T7, T8, ToC) the standard Group Loot interface can be used. Pot is distributed at the break or at the raid end. If someone leaves in any break, he must be paid his part. Middle time leavers get nothing.
- Raid leaders have the right to remove someone from the raid if inactive for 5min+, inactive for short time many times, abysmal DPS, making stupid mistakes again after the first mistake was told them and their questions answered. Also the RL can remove anyone who has no clue about the fight, as you are expected to read up. There is room for error but not for being clueless. Such removed players get no gold from the pot. RL is also authorized to fine 30G/person (300/750G) for the pot from those who do something stupid wiping the raid. As a general rule: slackers pay, those who have problems that cannot be repaired in 10 mins (like messed up spec, no clue about the fight) or really undergeared are replaced.
- Demanding gearscore or achievement is forbidden. Even mentioning gearscore is forbidden. However demanding gems, enchants, at least ilvl 200 blues are allowed (but the RL can be more permissive if he wants).
Finally, the kick rule: Anyone who violates the rules gets warning(s) and if does not fix his error, kicked
. In most guilds people get "relaxed" after a time, ignoring the rules and start to behave terribly. Not here! I don't care if you were here with me on the first raid in the snowstorm uphill both ways, if you violate the rules, you'll get kicked.