in your browser.
Shadows of Honor (Part 7)
Return to board index
(( About time I got around to writting the next part. A bit more action, a little less dialouge. Still poorly written. But I'll let you be the judge. ))
- The creatures and the mad rangers were dealt with by those who had retained their sanity quickly. The combined for of the dark rangers had easily crushed the uprising, and they had then begun reinforcing the whole of the area, preparing incase another assault came.
- For Soth, Bream and Kalistra, though, they’re task was different. They and a group of other rangers were being sent to meet Randardor – the Blightcaller’s own son. This was a great honor, and they knew it, and so were careful not to screw up. If they were able to impress the Son of the Blightcaller, Nathanos might see them elevated to a new level of power.
- As they approached the Dark Quiver base, they saw a Forsaken dressed in black leather overlooking the pit they had informed Nathanos of. A bow that radiated darkness was strapped onto his back, as was a wicked broadsword. As they approached he stood and turned to face them.
- “Father sent you to help me, did he?" He chuckled for a moment. "Good, we’ll need all the help we can get. These things are everywhere!”
- Their next task was a simple one, using an Eye of Acherus – on loan from the death knights of the Ebon Blade – each of the dark rangers searched the structures in the canyon below for any type of critical structure flaw. Their search proved almost futile – the structures were, for the most part – completely indestructible.
- However, their efforts did find some key flaws that could be used against them. A misaligned support there, a flaw in a magical barrier here, simple things, but the rangers would be more then capable of exploiting them.
- The dark rangers rushed into the canyon, Randardor leading the charge. “In the Blightcaller name! For the
!” he yelled, firing off a round of arrows, each arrow killing its mark singlehandedly. “Leave
standing, brothers and sisters!”
- The creatures came hard at first, a strange combination of brute force and near-genius tactics catching the rangers off guard. The bulky creatures and flying brains rushed into attack the Dark Quiver invaders while the spindly creatures with one eye stayed back, firing off projectiles of strange magic and causing many rangers to drop to their knees as their minds were wracked with pain and madness.
- Through this, though, the dark rangers continued to fight. Another round of arrows from all of them managed to break down one wave of the melee attackers, after which they were able to buy themselves some more time by draining the life out of the creatures, healing their wounds at the same time.
- Then Soth, Bream, and Kalistra fired off another round of arrows along with the rest of the rangers. The black projectiles blotted out the sky as they descended upon the creatures like hail. Many of them were struck down with ease, others were forced back, giving the rangers time to move in with the dark magic charges and set them on the weak points of the structures.
- Within minutes of the battle’s beginning it was already at the end. The charges detonated, destroying the structures and killing any of the creatures caught in the blast.
- With their buildings reduced to rubble the creatures apparently saw no further need to try and fight for the land, they immediately turned tail and retreated towards the west, leaving the dark rangers to pick off any stranglers and celebrate their victory.
- “Well done, rangers of the Quiver! This portion of the Grove is ours once more!” He paused for a moment, grinning. “These things have fallen into a retreat, I say we keep them running! All who are with me march forward after those creatures!
- ”We will hunt them done and make them suffer for ever
to overthrow the might of the Quiver! They will know
fear, pain, and death
like no one has known before! We see them
like the vermin, the sickly livestock that they are! Are you with me?”
- Another cry of victory rang out, and the rangers marched forward. Each of them eager to crush their enemy.
Nice Work M.
- Not my best work, but also not my worst either - trusth me on that. This is more of a transition page, after this Soth, Bream, and Kalistra will be heading down into the heart of these creature's territory.
- And Adams, if you read this I couldn't think of a place for Kalistra's in TFN, so I included her here. Hope that's enough of a cameo for a villian of her level.
- If you read the quest chain, you'll know what comes next. If you havn't either A) Go read it, or B) Wait.
You are not logged in. Please
to post a reply or
if you don't already have an account.
Connect with Wowhead
Other Fanbyte Sites
Hearthstone Top Decks
Final Fantasy XI
© 2021 Fanbyte