in your browser.
The Frozen North (Page 15)
Return to board index
(( Heh, sorry about late post, I almost forgot entirely about this. ))
- The halls of the nerubian city were empty. Even through the civilization had collapsed long ago, Nilon through that there would still be some nerubians around, alive or otherwise.
- But the corridors were void of any moving creatures - save Nilon, the other living, the death knight, and a few insects. The paladin didn't like it, but there was nothing he could do about it.
- Jason walked ahead of the ground, using his torch to light the path and burn the disgusting nerubian webbing that they didn't have to walk on out of their way. "This tunnel will take us directly into the heart of Azjol-Nerub's Brood Pit," Jason said, "After that we'll have to move with caution to reach the inner command chambers."
- "Command chambers?" Nilon asked.
- "Yeah," Jason said, "they used to be the private chambers of the current nerubian king. After the War of the Spider, though, they were converted into a war room of sorts for the Scourge."
- "How do you know all of this?"
- "I did my research, and the Argent Crusade requited me to map the area out for them so they could use it in their attacks. In return they'd - ah, here we are." He stopped on the edge of a large pit and dropped his pack. He began to pull out a massive amount of climbing equipment. "It's a sharp descent," the warrior said. "Just don't look down."
- They set up their equipment and began the climb down. About halfway through it, though, Jason began to look terrified.
- "Something wrong?" Nilon yelled to the warrior.
- "Yeah," Jason replied, "I looked down." The human laughed.
- Anuk-arag and his warriors still trolled through the halls towards their final destination. The latest report suggested that the living were just past of the lair of the fallen Hadronox.
- The vizier broke into another coughing fit. It would take him some time to get used to it again. Anuk'arag, though, found it strange that his lifeless body responded to the enviroment in such a way.
It would seem old habits die hard
, he thought.
- Something else was moving through the tunnels, he could hear that, but it didn't matter to him. Three of the stronger Anub'ar crypt lords surrounded him, he was practically invincible. He had nothing to fear.
- With a cry of battle, several Scarlet Onslaught warriors burst from the shadows. They attacked with ferocity, but they were no match for the Scourge. The nerubian's extremities all seemed to be separate organisms as they ripped the humans apart. It was only a matter of minutes before the Crusaders were torn to shreds. They left one alive, though, albeit de-limbed.
- Using his magical capabilities, Anuk'arag lifted the crusader into the air. "It was foolish of you to come here," Anuk'arag said. "Strange, though, I never knew Scarlets to be ones for subtly."
- "The Grand Admiral
at such pathetic taunts as yours!" the crusader yelled. "The Onslaught will be victorious."
- "Little fool, even here at the end you do not undersand." Anuk'arag crushed the Scarlet's skull. "Come," he said to his guards, "we have other living to crush."
- "As they continued their trek though Azjol-nerub, though, Anuk'arag was left with the feeling that this was only the beginning of their problems with the Scarlets.
- Good, he and his minions were always up for a little
This post was from a user who has deleted their account.
PS: its spelled
moostly pattys corrects spelling
and interesting page
A-M-A-Z-I-N-G AS PER USUAL!
More action next chapter, I pray?
More action next chapter, I pray?
In the next chapter, plenty. As for the next pages... I belive so.
- Originally, I think I planned for the Scarlet's to become the main antagonist in the end, and that was the inspiration for said quote. That idea has been replaced by something slightly more epic, though, and the quote holds true because the Scarlet's managed to make their way into Icecrown.
- The lord of bad puns; Jason. Not much else can be said on the matter.
- Anuk'arag and his minions await. How can four mere champions of Azeroth defeat a vizier assigned to this task by the Lich King himself and his crypt lord guard. We'll see.
And now for a preview from out sponsor:
- "It's about time we get to kill something," he heard Slayer mutter.
- "Is that all you think about?" the blood elf asked the rogue.
- The female looked at him, her gaze one of questioning, even though he couldn't see any details of her face through the cloth that covered it. "Not everything," she admitted, trying to sound innocent, "but if takes up a good deal of my thoughts."
- "There's more to life then killing," the paladin insisted. "More to life then death."
- "Yet all life ends in death," Slayer said. "Forgive me if I ignore your safe counsuling, 'oh wise one.'"
You are not logged in. Please
to post a reply or
if you don't already have an account.
Connect with Wowhead
Other Fanbyte Sites
Hearthstone Top Decks
Final Fantasy XI
© 2021 Fanbyte