in your browser.
Shadows of Honor (Part 3)
Return to board index
- “Nathanos Blightcaller?” Soth said, surprised to see that it was the Champion of the Banshee Queen that was apparently in power here. She was very much aware of the dark ranger’s origins, but that had led her to believe that it would have been Sylvanas herself that was in commander here.
- The forsaken dark ranger looked up. “Yes?” he said, clearly not at all pleased to see Soth – but not displeased to see her either. “I don’t know how you managed to gain entry into this Spire, but you had better not be wasting my time!”
- “I… I was summoned here,” she showed him her summons, “ta be trained as a dark ranger. Wasn’t I?”
- “Ah, the prospect.” Nathanos looked her over. “Hmm, I must say, Soth, when I was first heard of you I had my doubts, the other masters only barely were able to convince me to invite you for interviewing. But, now that I get a good look at you,” Soth’s eyes lit up, she knew she had been called here for a reason, “my opinion remains unchanged.
- The light in her eyes dimmed.
- “So, Soth,” Nathanos sat up from his relaxed position, “are you ready to begin your interview?”
- Soth nodded.
- “Very well,” Nathanos said, "why is it that you think you have a place in the Dark Quiver?”
- “Blightcaller, I am skilled in both tracking and killing, as well as having a great amount of skill with da bow.”
- “Is that so? Not Impressive. Anyone can track, kill, and shoot a bow, but it takes great skill - skill that few posses - to do such things as us Dark Rangers do.”
- “I assure you, Blightcaller," she replied, "I am that skilled.”
- Nathanos laughed. “Many more besides you have said the same thing, worm. They all failed.”
- “I'm sure they did. I, however, will succeed.” Confidence surrounded her as she said this, and Nathanos could see that.
- “We shall see, we shall see…” Nathanos then fell silent in thought. “While your skills are still in question,” he said after several minutes, “your dedication is not. Welcome to the Dark Quiver, Soth.”
- Soth curtsied in appreciation. Finally, the power and wealth she was due would be hers!
- “Now, report to your master for training,” he said, “he’s the only troll in this room.”
- Soth was slightly annoyed by the way he’d worded that, but she ignored her feelings on the matter. She looked around, and walked over to the troll that she saw. As she got closer she recognized him, and gasped.
- “Rokhan!” she smiled. “Good ta see a familiar face be training as a dark ranger.”
- “Don’t even be thinking like dat, mon,” the shadow hunter said. “I only be coming here on behalf of da Warcheif. He distrusts these rangers, and I be agreeing with him on dat. But what I not be agreeing with is dat he be sending me to keep a watch on dem.”
- “Joo not be knowing what you missing,” Soth said, “da rewards for doing tis are great!”
- “Oh, I know what I’d be missing. Sometimes da price just isn’t worth da reward.”
- She didn’t quite understand what he meant, and so dismissed it. “If you not be a dark ranger, why was I sent ta you for training?”
- “I learned a few ting about dese rangers,” he replied, “and I be able to teach joo about dere ways.” He sighed. “First though joo must be completing dere… initiation.” He sighed. “Report to da one called Maldenis. You can be finding him in da Chapel of Forgotten Shadow to da north of the spire.”
- Soth nodded, and walked towards the stairs. “Troll,” she heard Nathanos call out.
- “Yes sir?” she asked.
- “Use the teleportation circles and save yourself some trouble.” He motioned to the circles on the floor. “The green one takes you to the ground floor, the blue one takes you to the mess hall, the orange one takes you to the bat master’s flight room, and the red one takes you to this room. Memorize them, and don’t make a fool of yourself.”
- Soth blushed in embarrassment, and walked onto the green circle. She was gone in a flash of dark light.
Clearly this page was a bit poorly written. I would have left the interview out, but it seemed too short otherwise.
Hopefully the next page - which introduces a bit more action as well as Soth's character for the remainder of the story - will be better.
I posted this one early in the morning where I'm at.
Time zones FTL, it would seem.
You are not logged in. Please
to post a reply or
if you don't already have an account.
Connect with Wowhead
Other Fanbyte Sites
Hearthstone Top Decks
Final Fantasy XI
© 2021 Fanbyte