Post by Morec0
- Her name was Soth. I saw her only once during my time in Northrend, but I never had a chance to speak with her then. Still, I remembered who she was very well.
- She was a charismatic character, full of life, hope, honor; few people I have met could have equaled her in those traits. My apprentice and I had met many a troll in our travels across the worlds. But she was one of thse people that you knew you would never forget.
- A hunter by trade, Soth was a good-humored friend, and I was glad to call her an ally during my time in Outland. She reminded my apprentice of the mother he’d lost, and in the fel-tainted world where one would think happiness would be stripped away, watching her teach him as much as I did warmed my heart.
- The hardships and enemies we faced together – both of that world and the one my people now call home – brought us closer as allies. I knew that if I had to choose between a legion of Kor’kron or her to watch my back in a battle against the Legion itself, I choose my old friend in a heartbeat.
- I never learned what happened to her after we parted ways when me and my apprentice left the Zangarmarsh, but I can only speculate that she went on to continue her honorable life.
- Thragg Earthbreaker, Shaman of the Horde.
- Soth looked at the summons scroll she was carrying, then at the signpost pointing into the grove.
- “Dis be da place,” she said with a nod, and then walked into the grove, the contents of the letter playing over and over in her mind as she did. We just have to be seeing of da writer of that letter 'av been speaken da trooth
- "To Soth, troll of the Darkspear tribe. We, the council of the Dark Quiver, have taken note of your capabilities and have decided to interview you for possible entry into our society. It is one of power and prestige and influence - not that you would be aware of it, we keep our existance hidden for the most part. Obviously we are not at liberty to discuss our matters on such a public form of communication, so we ask that you find the time to pay us a visit. Please report to the Shadowed Spire in Tirisfal Grove. You will find the grove in the western portion of the Trisfal Glades. Do not make us wait."
- *Signed* The Council of Shadows
- The grove looked itself looked very much the same as the rest of the glades to her. Dark, forboding, not unlike the other plaes she'd been to - such as Zangarmarsh or the inner portions of Ashenvale - but this place was different all the same. It reeked of an evil - not in the form of a stench, though, but of an aura. An evil that was either long gone or very much subdued.
- She peered foreward, through the darkness she could see a massive spire that rose up into the sky. It looked to be of elven construction, but it lacked the reds of the blood elves or even the blues of the high elves. No, its color scheme was comprised of blacks and purples - she'd never seen anything quite like it, it seem strange to her.
- Before she'd take five more steps and arrow imbedded itself in her leather armor - peircing just deep enough to prick the skin.
- "Who goes there!" a deep voice called out from the shadows. Moments later a large tauren stepped out from them onto the road, the shadows themselves seemingly dissapating from around him. "What buisness do you have in Dark Quiver territory?"
- "I was summoned here by da.... Council of Shadows," she quickly nodded, the tauren looked menacing enough in his black leather armor, but the thing that stood out most were his eyes. They glowed red, and she could see no signs of mercy or compassion - not even a tint - in their gleam. "I am ta be interviewed for da Quiver."
- The tauren laughed and lowered his bow. "Excellent! Purely Excellent! You'll find the Blightcaller in the top of the Shadowed Spire. Be sure to have your summons visable, others might not ask as many questions as I." With that he stepped back off of the road, the darkness engulfing him like a cloak.
- Soth took a breath. If a minor surprise was all the price she would have to pay for power, then this was truely the right choice. After all...
- Who needed honor
when one could have strength
Post by Morec0
A miniseries that I will be updating at random intervals based around my Dark Ranger
Several edits later, I think I've got all the bugs worked out.