Post by Morec0
(( Chapter two begans with the return of a familiar face... ))
- The land below passed quickly as Nilon and his allies flew above it. Slayer was mounted on a silver dragonhawk and Rey rode on a skeletal gryphon. Nilon himself was on the bronze proto-drake he'd used for the rescue mission into Scourgeholme.
," Penumbrius had said when Nilon had asked him about borrowing transportation, "I think I might just have a fitting mount
." At th at point the proto-drake had lumbered up to them. "Her name is Glory
- A mount wasn't the only new thing he possessed. The Argent Crusade had also gifted him with a new set of armor and sword
- his other one having been shattered in the fight against Morec.
- "Forged by some of out greatest blacksmiths
," Tirion had informed him. "As we have no skilled runemasters among our ranks, the knights of the Ebon Blade were gracious enough to carve some into the sword for us. This pattern, I believe, is one they call 'Lichbane'
- Nilon didn't like the idea of using something made by the death knights. Even so, he had to admit one thing: their work had left the blade far stronger then it would have been.
- "How much longer 'till we reach Moa'ki harbor?" Nilon yelled to Rey, the death knight having the only map - another decision Nilon wasn't comfortable with.
- "Just a few more minutes," the death knight yelled back, "just follow me."
- Upon landing at Moaki harbor, Nilon was stunned by the appearance of its inhabitants. They looked like walruses, but they stood on two legs and walked like other humanoids.
- Rey noticed his surprised reaction and scowled. "What's the matter, paladin? Never seen a tuskarr before?"
- "Actually, no," Nilon replied. "Do you have a problem with that?"
- "You bet I do," Rey said. "Our guide should be waiting by the chief’s hut, let's get going."
- The three made their way up towards the hut. A female tuskarr was standing near tent waiting for them.
- "Greetings, I am Lada," the female said in slightly rusty common.
- "I am Nilon Lighteye," the paladin said, cutting Rey off from speaking. "We've come here on behalf of the Argent Crusade. Are you to be our guide?"
- "Oh no," Lada said, "the emissary you seek is inside the chief’s tent. If you'll excuse me for a moment." She disappeared into the hut.
- Nilon moved to follow, but Rey stuck his arm out, blocking him. "Outsiders are not allowed to enter the chief’s hut," he said, "unless invited to do so."
- Nilon, slightly annoyed that the death knight hadn't shared his apparently infinite supply of information earlier, stepped back. The group stood for several minutes before the female returned, followed by a tall figure - taller than even Nilon - completely covered in cobalt-blue armor.
- "Greetings, emissary," Nilon said, bowing.
- The emissary laughed. "You don't recognize me, do you?"
- Nilon looked up in shock. That voice
, he thought, it can't be
- The figure lifted its helmet up over his head and tucked it under his arm. "I'm surprised to see you here, Sir Nilon," Jason Thomas grinned.
- "I- Impossible," Nilon said. "You were... I saw..." The paladin tripped over his words in a state of shock.
- "I was, and you did see it," Jason answered. "I'll explain further as we move, though, we've got a lot of ground to cover." He whistled and a snow-white gryphon flew down. "Her name's Frostbeak," the warrior said, "on loan from the goblins that operate up here." He mounted the creature and it took to the air.
- "What are you waiting for?" he called down. "Let's get going."
Post by Morec0
- I stumbled upon Glory
while trolling through the databases. I noted its location and that it seems to have no real use, so I though "well, I wont have to worry about a flying mount for Nilon anymore."
- Next stop; Azjol-Nerub, the next page also reintroduces the antagonist of this chapter! Stay tuned!