Post by DeathBlood
As Season 8 looms right around the corner, I can't help but speculate how Rogues will contend in Season 8 compared with Season 7.
Some changes that will benefit Rogues:
1) Prot Warriors, a counter class/spec of Rogues, are getting hit with the nerfbat.
Fewer Prot Warriors in contention means Rogues will be countered less often.
2) Destro Locks, Ele Shamans, and Balance Druids are getting buffed. This is good since Rogues usually counter casters.
3) The changes to resilience mean a longer game, making an MS effect more important. Rogues have Wound Poison, making us even more desirable on a team.
4) Rogues perform well in longer games. We don't worry about running out of mana, and we're the masters of single-target damage.
Some changes that will hurt Rogues:
1) Arms Warriors generally do well in longer games, so it's more likely to see them, which means a big counter to Rogues.
2) Longer games generally don't favor Rogues, as our usefulness vanishes (haha) with our cooldowns.
3) The changes to resilience mean both our huge burst damage and stunlock become less effective and less important.
How do you think Rogues will do in Season 8? Anything I missed? I know good change #4 and bad change #2 are in direct conflict, about Rogue performance in longer games. /discuss