in your browser.
[Data] Completed quests missing from tracker
Return to board index
My apologies if this has been brought up and resolved, but for the life of me I cannot find any other thread on this issue.
I am MORE than certain I've completed certain quests... e.g.
for one (and I actually remember doing that particular quest several years ago when I was still under my trial account in Dec or Jan right before TBC launched... but I digress).
I've been looking to complete loremaster achievements, and now that Wowhead has added this feature I am becoming ever more dependent on it to find quests I have/haven't competed.
Any hints on what may be the cause, or even if I'm doing something wrong?
This post was from a user who has deleted their account.
Is this a repeatable quest? If so, then it will not be marked as completed. I have not done any Horde quests, so i do not know if it is repeatable.
Have you verified that you can not do the quest again? Go take a look and find out.
Run this code in game:
it will display a box with a bunch of numbers in it. Copy the information to Notepad or some word processor and search for the exact number "431". If the number "431" is in the data, then it might be a Wowhead issue. Otherwise if the number "431" is not in that information, then you either have not done the quest or Blizzard does not have a record of it being completed for your character.
You may be out of luck if you can not get it. Only option would be to Exclude the quest in the wowhead log and forget about it. When it comes to the Loremaster, there are many quests possible to complete. I'm sure you will find a quest that counts to replace this one. I know on the alliance side, i have the Loremaster of Eastern Kingdom and i still have tuns of quests to do that count.
Is this the appropriate thread to post these in?
I'm keeping a running list, as I'm going through Outland, and most are dailies, but some are not.
Yes, this is the appropriate forum, since this may be a wowhead issue.
Thank you Federal... next time I log on I'll check it out and see what numbers come up.
The quest I linked in my original post is one that I am almost 99% certain I remember completing back when I was first playing in '06. But that still leaves that 1% chance... so I know it's quite possible I may be wrong.
May I ask the significance of the number "431"?
Edit: Well, "431" didn't pop up... it's entirely possible I'm missing something, so if it becomes an issue I'll make sure to trace every step I can.
431 is the Quest number assigned by Blizzard. We know this number because it is in the link you gave us. where it says
Being that 431 is not in the list, you likely did not complete the quest or blizzard has a glitch in their shiny new ability to log them.
How does this work? Well when you run that command, it tells the Wowhead Looter to ask the game for a list of completed quests. All those numbers and data are quests you have completed, according to Blizzard. Blizzard implemented this new ability with the 3.3 patch.
Go back to the tiny island on the lake, and check it out. If there is no quest there, your out of luck and will have to Exclude the quest and move on.
I did try to go back to the lake, that's how I knew there was something wrong.
No biggie. Thank you for the help and patience.
You are not logged in. Please
to post a reply or
if you don't already have an account.
Connect with Wowhead
Other Fanbyte Sites
Hearthstone Top Decks
Final Fantasy XI
© 2021 Fanbyte