Post by Chomeric
Drop Genesis and get Force of Nature and Starfall. If you learn to use them properly they are way more of a dps boost than 2 Genesis points.
You could lose 62 hit and still be capped, so do a little regemming. Stick Runed cardinals in Helm and shoulder you loose the socket bonus, but the hit is wasted.
The haste soft cap is 400 so try for that it makes a huge difference.This
is very helpful.
Post by DrDrako
Gonna try to sugarcoat this as much as i can.. ur a bit of a mess.
your spec is off. go browse the stickes for a good one. or check my "DrrakoBalance" profile for a better spec. keep in mind, the points in typhoon, intensity, and nature's reach in my spec are a little off. theyre not optimal, but i like them the way they are for my latency and lag issues.
main thing about your spec is that you dont have many cooldowns that when used properly can be a huge dps boost. starfall has a 1.5 minute cooldown. can be used 2-5 times at least, depending on boss fights. treants have a slightly larger cooldown, but really pack a punch. natures reach gives you 20% more dps that you can do without pulling aggro. and genesis is really just a ~1% dps boost. for 5 talent points, there are much better options, i.e, the ones i just mentioned.
you're far over the hit cap. with proper talents, i.e. Balance of power and iFF, 263 should be your cap. you're at 325. replace your hit rating gems with spellpower gems, or orange spellpower / crit OR spellpower / haste. you're close enough to the haste soft cap, and ur crit is kinda low, so i'd go for crit, but thats just me. this would place you at 265 hit rating. perfect.
dont want to say "get better gear" but there are some really simple upgrades that you can get
your cloak is a healer cloak. Replace with Deathchill Cloak
. costs about as much as your wisp cloak, but yields a lot more dps.
replace your abyssal rune with sundial of the exiled. 40 emblems of heroism, trade down accordingly. this im not 100% sure of.. but i've seen meters and rankings and sundial is always 2-3 spots higher than abyssal. if you like the haste tho, by all means, keep abyss.
Level your inscription and get a very secksi shoulder enchant.
as for your rotation, you want to start off with wrath to try and proc lunar. then use your solar, then proc lunar again. beginning with a lunar eclipse proc has been discussed and proven to yield higher dps.
as for the intellect trinket... i'm pretty sure that both abyss and sundial out-dps that one.. (if i'm wrong, please tell me). so probably once you get emblems for sundial (or if you alredy have it) equip it with your abyssal rune. yes. the procs do stack. which is quite lovely timing for using your treants, and starfall. :)
hope this helped. :)
The haste soft cap is 500 so try for that it makes a huge difference
its 400. it doesnt really make a huge
difference. in fact, its a pretty negative difference, in that once you reach it, all +haste will be worth less, relatively, than before.
and btw. new armory is the bees knees
Post by hashmel
I'm inclined to believe moonstrike did so well with their high haste rating because it meant they were consistently GCD capped whether they had optimal buffs or not so in the absence of those buffs they would get a large benefit from it not to mention unloading hurricanes faster whereas with optimal buffs they just spammed starfire like a madman since doing anything else would clip the GCD.
Balance hit cap is 10% (263 hit rating) you're well over this and gemming for it.
You're also matching all your socket bonuses which isn't always the best thing to do.53/0/13+5
is the basic blueprint for a PvE boomkin.1/5
could alternatively go to 1/5
based on preference
- If a knockback is needed pick up Typhoon
- If mana regen is needed invest in Intensity as needed
- If further mana regen is needed and Intensity is fully talented invest in Dreamstate as needed
- Invest in ISS for more single target dps, Gale Winds for more aoe dps, or Owlkin Frenzy if you prefer
- If any points are left put the rest in ISS or Gale Winds, whichever isnt filled out or Owlkin Frenzy if prefered
- GoStarfire is superb for single target dps
- GoInsect Swarm is also excellent for single target dps but at the cost of the 3% hit debuff
- GoFocus is good for both aoe and single target dps and makes SF less cumbersome
- GoStarfall is good for both single target and aoe dps
- GoInnervate should only be an option when gearing up as mana issues quickly become a non-issue
- GoRebirth doesn't benefit your dps any but it can ensure a BRed player isn't 1 shotted upon rezzing
though only a minor glyph, should never have a situation worth taking it, if you have Typhoon it's either for a useful knockback or to $%^& the tank off with the knockback, either option requires it keep the knockback effect.
If you must match a socket bonus use the following
red = Runed (SP)
blue = Purified (SP/spirit)
yellow = Reckless (SP/haste), Luminous (SP/int), Potent (SP/crit), or Veiled (SP/hit) based on your needs
- 32.79 Haste Rating = 1% Haste
- 26.232 Hit Rating = 1% Spell Hit
- 45.91 Crit Rating = 1% Crit
- 1 Intellect = 18.513 mana, 0.148104 SP, (1/166.6)% crit, some mp5 depending on dreamstate investment, and a minor increase in spirit based mana regen
- 1 Spirit = 0.3366 SP, some mana regen depending on intellect, and mp5 depending on intensity investment