Post by Aadramelekh
The only cap that pussy cats have for crit is 100%. There is only one type of attack that has a 'soft' is the auto attack (white hit). It is all based on the Attack Table
As a pussy cat that attacks the boss from behind, your attack table for white hits will look like this:
Glancing Blow (24% chance, does 75% of normal damage, cannot be removed through any stat)
They take precedence over each other in that exact order.
If you are expertise / hit capped, then it looks like this:
The attack table for instant special attacks such as Mangle, Rake (initial application), Shred and Ferocious Bite is composed only of Crit and Normal Hit (remember, only if you are hit / expertise capped).
If you have, say, 65% crit, your white attack table will look like this (hit/expertise capped):
11% Normal Hit
If you get your crit up to (65+11)=76%, then your attack table will have 24% chance for Glancing and 76% for crit. Any more crit above that will be useless for white attacks. It will be, however, useful for your special attacks, since these cannot be Glancing Blows. But taking into account that ~33% of a pussy cat's damage comes from white hits, basically crit above 76% is wasted in a 33% proportion.
Also you need to keep in mind that you have a ~4% crit penalty against a raid boss. This means that if your character sheet shows 70% crit, you only have a real 66% crit chance against that boss. Keep this in mind as well.
The discussion about haste vs crit is an open one. Personally I am an advocate of the idea that as a pussy cat, there is no such thing as "too much crit". High crit chance means a very fast CP generation and thus the chance to use more Ferocious Bites during the DPS cycle while Savage Roar, Rake and Rip are running. Haste improves white damage only. Crit improves all damage. Haste is a definite benefit. Crit depends on the RNG system. Given that Clearcasting chance is a flat 4% per white attack, haste is regarded as a nice way of increasing the chance for free abilities.
They are both good. However, at least up to 76% real crit chance, I plead for the usage of agility / crit. Only after that, haste becomes better in my book. And even then, instead of using haste (gems for instance) I would use pure Strength (2 base AP for 1 point of strength), because it is increased by 8% from talents and by another 10% from Blessing of Kings. Also the resulting AP is furthermore increased by 10% while in cat form. As such, buffed with Kings and in Cat Form, strength offers an excellent ratio of 2.61 AP per point. Add to this the 10% AP hunter aura and you get 2.87AP per strength point. Which improves all damage in a definite, measurable way. Clearcast procs are also based on the RNG system.It is all up to personal preference in the end.
The differences will be small, even in an extreme attempt at min/max. Both haste, crit and AP offer increases in DPS. Crit is the only stat that has a soft cap at 76% (pretty tough to reach anyway, since you actually need ~80% crit to have this chance against a raid boss). I like crit. Especially with 4xT10 (Rake will be able to critically tick, like Rip). After this soft cap I also like more the stable bonus of pure AP - especially raid buffed.
Post by Yunaleia
Actually Aadra, this is real soft info btw, EJ link ftw
the crit cap is a lot lower than that, Id check it out since from your previous screenies, you are very close / at the crit cap already!
Post by Aadramelekh
So according to that theorycrafting 4.8% are hits that can never crit, eh? So this means that the white crit cap is 71.2% because of that.
It seems rather stupid no matter how I look at it. If that 'crit depression' is a straight barrier to prevent white attacks from reaching 100% crit, it seems rather strange. Even more since it seems it affects only white attacks. Special attacks are also affected by the 4.8% reduction, but that can be compensated by raising the crit chance on the character sheet by an additional 4.8% and can reach 100%, while white attacks remain at 71.2% max crit.
What a load of bullcrap.
And who the !@#$ cares that I'm close to the white crit cap? I want 100% crit on all my special attacks! NAU! I'll just get as much crit as possible and see where that takes me...
*later edit* OMG Yuna
! I CAN SEE YOU! And I think my !@#$% looks more !@#$%y than your !@#$%, hahaha >:) My little !@#$% looks like a Bimbo
, yours doesn't Mod edit: Do not circumvent