- Norushen yells: Be humble.
- Norushen yells: Free yourself of arrogance.
- Norushen yells: It did not matter. It comes. Steel your hearts and prepare your souls.
- Norushen yells: The corruption is amplifying. The fragments must be purged before it becomes too great.
- Norushen yells: You... must... contain... it...
Tooltips and dungeon journal reflect ability values for one encounter version. Please refer to "Effect" section on spell pages to see values for all raid sizes and difficulties.
- Overview – Norushen seals all players inside a Quarantine Zone and extracts a portion of each player's corruption to form an Amalgam of Corruption. The object of the encounter is to destroy this creature.
Players must reduce their personal level of Corruption in order to inflict full damage to the Amalgam. Players can accomplish this by interacting with the nodes of Purifying Light that active around the room, which will pull them into another phase where they must face a role-specific challenge. Overcoming this challenge will Purify the player and allow them to inflict full damage to the Amalgam.
- Damage Dealers –
Interact with a Purifying Light orb to enter the Test of Serenity and defeat the enemies inside to rid yourself of Corruption.
All damage dealt to Manifestations of Corruption and Essences of Corruption in the normal realm is copied to the boss Amalgam.
Rotate around the Amalgam to avoid [Blind Hatred].
- Healers –
Interact with a Purifying Light orb to enter the Test of Reliance; inside, keep your allies at full health to maximize their damage to the Greater Corruption and complete the trial.
Rotate around the Amalgam to avoid [Blind Hatred].
Norushen traps players in a Quarantine Zone and challenges them to face and overcome their own Corruption if they wish to proceed deeper into the vault.
- Corruption – Players start the encounter with 75 points of Corruption. The more corrupt a player is the less damage they will inflict to the Amalgam of Corruption.
- Purified – Players who reach 0 Corruption become Purified. Healers who are Purified gain bonus healing, tanks who are Purified take less damage, and damage dealers inflict greater damage by virtue of having less Corruption.
Purified persists until the player is once again Corrupted.
- Quarantine Measures – If the Amalgam of Corruption proves too dangerous, Norushen will have no choice but to activate the zone's safety measures and destroy all life within.
- Amalgam of Corruption
- Unleashed Anger – The Amalgam slashes at its current tank target, inflicting 400000 Physical damage.
- Self Doubt – The Amalgam inflicts doubt on its current tank target. Self Doubt increases the damage of Unleashed Anger by 40% per application.
- Blind Hatred – The Amalgam creates a zone of corruption that extends outward and slowly turns in place. All players caught in the path of the corruption suffer 150000 Shadow damage every second.
- Fusion – Every Expelled Corruption that reaches the Amalgam of Corruption will increase the damage the Amalgam inflicts by 5% for 15 sec.
- Icy Fear – The Amalgam inflicts 75000 Frost damage to all players every 3 sec. This damage increases as the Amalgam loses health.
- Frayed – When the Amalgam reaches 50% health remaining, and for every 10% health lost thereafter, the Amalgam spawns an Unleashed Manifestation of Corruption.
- Look Within – Players can interact with Purifying Light to Look Within. Doing so transports the player to their own realm where they face a personal challenge based on their role. Successfully completing the challenge will return the player to the normal realm with zero Corruption.
Players cannot Look Within while under the effects of Purified.
In Raid Finder Difficulty, players are automatically selected to Look Within. There are no Purifying Light objects to interact with.
- Test of Serenity – Players of the DPS role face the Test of Serenity. To complete this challenge, players must defeat the elements of corruption present. Whenever one of these elements of corruption is defeated, it will be unleashed into the normal realm.
Failure to complete the challenge will unleash all remaining elements of corruption to the normal realm at once.
- Manifestation of Corruption – These sha creatures repeatedly cast Tear Reality, which inflict Shadow damage to all enemies in a cone in front of the caster.
- Essence of Corruption – These lesser sha creatures repeatedly cast Expel Corruption, which fires a ball of corrupted energies in a straight line, dealing 100000 Shadow damage to anyone it strikes.
- Test of Reliance – Players of the Healer role face the Test of Reliance. To complete this challenge, players must defeat a Greater Corruption. Healers are aided by several allies while Looking Within.
Failure to complete the challenge will unleash a Manifestation of Corruption to the normal realm. Success returns the player to the normal realm cleansed of all Corruption.
- Test of Confidence – Players of the Tank role face the Test of Confidence. To complete this challenge, the tank must survive for 1 min against a Titanic Corruption.
Success returns the player to the normal realm with zero corruption.
- Titanic Corruption
- Titanic Smash – Inflicts 1000000 Shadow damage to anyone in a cone in front of the caster.
- Corruption – Every successful strike received from the Titanic Corruption inflicts the victim with a stack of Corruption, inflicting 17000 Shadow damage per application every second.
- Hurl Corruption – The caster hurls a ball of corruption at their target, inflicting 693750 to 806250 Shadow damage.
- Burst of Corruption – Inflicts 277500 to 322500 Shadow damage to all enemies.
- Piercing Corruption – Inflicts 600000 Physical damage to the target. This attack cannot be absorbed.
Whenever players successfully defeat an element of corruption during the Test of Serenity it will be unleashed in the normal realm.
- Foul Link – The creatures released from the Test of Serenity copy their damage to the Amalgam of Corruption.
- Manifestation of Corruption
- Burst of Anger – Inflicts 50000 Shadow damage to all players within the Quarantine Zone.
- Residual Corruption – When an Unleashed Manifestation of Corruption dies, it leaves behind a small amount of corruption that will periodically inflict 90000 Shadow damage to all players in the Quarantine Zone until it is picked up. Players are unable to pick up the Residual Corruption unless they have removed sufficient corruption of their own first.
Residual Corruption gives the player 25 Corruption.
- Essence of Corruption
- Expel Corruption – A ball of corrupted energy travels outward from the caster, inflicting 97500 to 102500 Shadow damage to the first enemy in its path. Every Expelled Corruption that reaches the Amalgam of Corruption will increase the damage the Amalgam inflicts by 5% for 15 sec.
- Screenshots containing UI elements are generally declined on sight, the same goes for screenshots from the modelviewer or character selection screen.
- The higher the quality the better!
- Please review our Screenshot Guidelines before submitting!
The Wowhead Client is a little application we use to keep our database up to date, and to provide you with some nifty extra functionality on the website!
It serves 2 main purposes:
- It maintains a WoW addon called the Wowhead Looter, which collects data as you play the game!
- It uploads the collected data to Wowhead in order to keep the database up-to-date!
You can also use it to keep track of your completed quests, recipes, mounts, companion pets, and titles!
So, what are you waiting for? Download the client and get started.