Post by Zakkhar
Trash doesnt matter
(unless you frequently wipe on it and you rather end it fast).
For bosses, its best to align your certain cooldowns with other certain cooldowns and procs, while trying not to stack them with others, unless your raid orders differently. Typical examples are:
- some adds dont need to die instantly and pulling cds on them is a waste (for example you rather not pull any cds not to accidentally kill MCed players on Instructor and spirit kings)
- or other way round, some adds you may want to kill asap because they are very dangerous (or just too fast like the 5th wave of sparks on Elegon)
- or you want to push boss into certain HP% before he does something
- or you rather not push him yet (because there is something you need to do before)
- or there is a phase of lowered boss uptime incoming (Lei shi hiding, Blade lord doing his unseen strike, Empress changing phases etc)
All these may either delay some of your cooldowns and burn some of others while not waiting to line them up. You can calculate the equilibrium of such delay by comparing the ability synergy (% it increases its value when aligned with other cd you wait for) with uptime/cooldown percentage (delay time divided by uptime or cd in %). If the synergy % is higher you delay, if the other value is higher the delay isnt optimal.
You basically have to be aware of boss timers, boss mechanics, your group strategy, your cds and internal cds and be two steps ahead. If you make a mistake you gotta learn from it and do it better in the future.
Worth noting that long cds (5 min and above) are reset after raid boss wipe or kill, so you can use stampede even on last 2% (doesnt work on anything else for hunters unfortunately, beside Readiness and Ancient hysteria).
The discussion about several of those cooldowns (mainly in the opening) you can find here:http://www.wowhead.com/forums&topic=207634